Friday, March 2, 2012

Arooo! - New wolves not just for 40k.


I'm very happy about a new 40k set that's just out. No, wait, let me explain.

The new Fenrisian wolves have just been released, and boy, are they fantastic. I've long hated the Games Workshop plastic wolves. I used them to make my unit of dire wolves, and they were just about acceptable with conversion. But these new wolves make the old wolves look truly dreadful. I foresee many of these wolves appearing in fantasy armies as mounts, chariot beasts, warhounds, dire wolves etc. I for one will be using them to carry my hobgoblins. They look as if there is no 40k paraphernalia on them at all, which I'm sure was a deliberate decision on GW's part.

A nice little extra as I count down to tackling my decimated fimir standard bearer this evening.

4 comments:

  1. Actually quite pretty, might consider using them as a base for my Fir Kith, only they still have that wierd 'clumpy' looking fur so would require much hot-knife work to get them how I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr Saturday

    I just started a blog to document my attempts to make some kind of dent in my huge lead pile, and as I'm a big fan of yours I thought an exchange of links would be cool.

    http://skarsnikandoldlead.blogspot.com/

    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you Skarsnikandoldlead, I'm glad you like the Mumblings. You have a truly noble premise for your blog, consider me subscribed.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...