Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fimir - Skull Crushers?

I've been keeping an eye on the various warriors of chaos rumours of late. Seems we're due a White Dwarf update next month, followed by a second wave in February next year. As I use the warriors list for my fimir army, I'm quite interested in these developments. The unit that catches my interest is the skull crushers, the unimaginatively named mortal juggernaut riders. This is the monstrous cavalry unit for the warriors I guess, probably on demigryph size bases, and this got me thinking about a fimir unit I've been mulling over. If the skull crushers pan out, this would give me a place in the army to field a unit of fimir marl worm riders. This is the model I'm using for the worm, from Gribbly Miniatures.


He's a handsome devil, isn't he? I plan on using the plastic Games Workshop savage orc boar boys as a basis for the riders, and fimir them up some. Not too sure on the saddle yet, probably something with hooks and rough hide or leather, maybe a skull or two to garnish. I had planned on a single marl worm rider as a hero or some-such, but if the new warriors unit does come to pass I won't be able to resist a unit of these fellows.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm gribbly!

    As for GW - they could definitely have thought of a better name - Skull Crushers I ask you... Thought that was a Goblin war machine anyway ;)

    What's next from them Lung Burstas, Giblet Grinderz and Spleen Rippas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touché sir. True enough, it's not a new development, but I just didn't take to the name, perhaps my cranky factor is high today. A week without any hobby time does that to me.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...