Thursday, November 1, 2012

Kickstarter - Gribbly Alien Goodness from Troll Forged

This morning on Wargame News and Terrain I came across another of those irresistible kickstarters. Troll Forged Games have put up the Assimilation alien host, containing a plethora of frankly wonderful gribblies. Here's the pitch:

The main factor driving this project is my lack of time for sculpting due to the success of Trollcast. While the new process is fantastic I have found most of my time is now used on production for other companies. My passion has always been sculpting and this Kickstarter is designed to allow me the time set aside for my own sculpting and create for the first time a full core force for Troll Forged Miniatures.

To get started I broke this force into several main creatures and have several more in the works. Being the owner and the production operator is going to allow me to bring you some fantastic value as well as product for your support.  The other large advantage here is that these would be the first product designed specifically for my new Trollcast system. This means superior product for the value, lets look at a few items. I also decided first 200 backers will have the choice of 5 trollcast bases free or 1 Grub worm of their choice. Grub worm will have 3 head styles with 3 body styles so 9 total worm to choose from. The free backer can only be taken one time and I have this in my backer list.


You can look at the kickstarter here. Some of the work in progress minis are just pure want, such as the kickstarter only host, which you can see below.

Quite the looker, ain't he?

There's another 13 days to go on this at the time of writing, with some pretty cool stretch goals still to attain, such as the awesome queen. The value for money in this kickstarter is pretty incredible too, so after a good ten minutes of resistance I hit the backer button.  I can't think of too many game systems where these juicy monsters won't fit in somewhere.

There are also some human alien hunter troops in the works too, which from the concept work look pretty sweet. There's a good deal going on these lads too, with a unit of Alien Hunters at $29 for 15 or $40 for 30 troopers. That's a pretty decent deal in my book.

For myself, having already bought some of the Troll Forged giant worms for my fimir, I can see a lot of these monsters fitting into my wyrm/grub/wriggly beastie heavy fimir army perfectly. Grub swarms lashed into battle by fimir handlers, more mounts for my marlwyrm riders, and as one of the fimir deities is essentially a giant worm, his daemons possessing a human would most likely look an awful lot like our wriggly friend above. I look forward to incorporating these miniatures into the army with great anticipation.

The second part of the kickstarter is Troll Forged games new base series, cast in 'trollcast' which looks to be a rather decent casting material developed by Troll Forged. These look grand so far, and hopefully Troll Forged will increase the range of base types they produce as I'm a real sucker for resin bases. These are proving popular, but for me the real stars of the show right now are the monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...