Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fimir - Warped Ones?

 I tried to resist.

I said to myself, stay on target, get the movement tray painted for the half-dead, that's the respoinsible thing to do. It's not like they're even that great, look, nobody is taking them! They must suck.

But, I couldn't. I'm literally agog with the need to assemble a unit of fimir Warped Ones, or as the rest of the world will know them, warriors of chaos forsaken. I love the forsaken kit, though many do not. There are so many bits in there, it's a converter's dream. I now aim to but these bits to use on a new unit of warp spasming fimir warriors. Worry not though, I'm not parking the half-dead painting, merely converting the odd warping fimir along the way.


Anyone familiar with Sláine will know about warp spasms. I'm hoping to add a hero harness to each fimm, but for the life of me I don't know what way to model it. The other idea is to have a shard of leystone hanging around their neck, or shoved though a skin flap. I think I'll do two fillers based on chaos spawn for fimm who are warping out, and in a unit of eighteen that means two warp-out fillers and ten warpers.

Ignore the bluetack!

I mocked up the first lad using the old chaos mutation sprue, I have a bunch of these, I knew they'd come in handy someday. He needs a leystone/harness added yet.

So, warped ones, what say ye?


3 comments:

  1. Go for it man. I'm in the camp that dislikes the actual forsaken models but the sheer amount of bits on the sprues in the box will provide you with a ridiculous amount of conversion options.

    Looking forward to seeing the progress!

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do with these miniatures.

    I know that I have seen fantasy minis with great millstones around their necks, maybe this would work.

    Good luck.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of some chain around the neck holding the leystone, but I think I might go with the stone slipped through a flap of flesh, like some weird tribal body modification job, plus I can put that on different parts of the body depending on the conversion.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...