Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fimir - Thinking Beyond Two Thousand Points

Warp spasming fimir nutters up next?
 Even in the midst of a berserk painting schedule, my mind is starting to wander to what I need to bring the fimir from two thousand to two thousand four hundred points post NWG. I will need to do a little tidying up first though. Add the fourth marlwyrm, Croms hell cannon base and maggot 'crew', a war-hound handler, two unit move trays and a 50 x 50 plinth for the meargh. After that though, it's clear skies.

There are a couple of units I'd like to have a go at. A unit of eight fenbeast led by a dirach (trolls with Throg) are high on my list, as well as a unit of warped (forsaken). I know the forsaken are supposed to be garbage in blocks, but I can't seem to stop myself. They'll be such fun to convert. I guess I am a hobby gamer after all.

The other notion is a pretty involved battle standard bearer. I want to do quite a large banner with some eye-destroying freehand, and rows of empty spikes set at points around the banner. Why would I do that? Well, I can't recall the source, but I did read about a player who did something similar and after each notable victory added a head or some other trophy to each of the spikes, the head depending on the army he faced. I think that's such a great idea, as the battle standard will become a record of great games won as the army ages.

There's also Balor. I have a fair amount of parts for him now. He'll be the most involved conversion I've done yet, but it'll be a great project.

So, there's still a long ways to go with the fimir, and plenty of units vying for the next spot on the painting table. Decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...