Monday, December 14, 2015

Judgement Day Post 34 - Private Raimi


This week Judge Williams gets someone to boss around as the first member of his squad is painted. Private Raimi of Bruce Campbell block Citi-Def front and centre.

The idea of roving groups of legalised militia toting lots of guns and not so much training or discipline seemed crazy when I was reading 2000AD as a kid. These days, not so much.


I agonised and procrastinated over the colour scheme for these guys, finding, in the end, some photos of American riot police and early 20th century American football gear that gave me some ideas. I've made Raimi a little haggard, as I enjoy painting haggard faces, and I've set this group up as an Apocalypse War resistance unit to face off against my Sovs.

There are several interesting sculpts in the Citi-Def box, not least the sarge, so I'm looking forward to adding to the squad.

Next week it's back to Sho3box for post 35.

4 comments:

  1. The face is excellent. I'm going to have to nail that George Michael "Faith" era stubble look myself sometime, it looks great here.

    It's good to see a start on Campbell Citi-Def, it will be a treat to watch these come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, I do like painting faces. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys get to playable sized force.

      Delete
  2. Dave that face what kind of a sorry existence has that poor guy been liven to end you with a face that truly only a mother could love ?

    If I could paint faces even half as good I'd like painting them too, look forward to seen the rest both Paul & yourself are doing some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank. There are plenty of other candidates for misery among the other Citi-Def sculpts too. Joy.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...